Crossword – The Vocabulary of Painting
1. A painter’s most basic tool.
4. A kind of art, often considered the opposite of figurative.
6. A tripod which holds a work that is being painted.
8. A work of art created by incising metal.
10. Paintings that depict scenery rather than people.
1. A board on which a painter mixes his/her colours.
2. Generic word for a picture or visual representation.
3. An adjective to describe scenery that is certainly not urban.
5. Cloths on which artists paint.
7. They very often feature in seascapes.
9. A greenish blue colour often used by painters.
Solution: 1A paintbrush; 4A abstract; 6A easel; 8A etching;10A landscapes; 1D palette; 2D image; 3D rural; 5D canvases; 7D ships; 9D teal.