I cittadini del Regno Unito andranno alle urne per scegliere il nuovo governo,
In vista del fatto che tra meno di due settimane i cittadini del Regno Unito andranno alle urne per scegliere il nuovo governo, oggi vi invito a mettere alla prova la vostra conoscenza della politica britannica cercando di rispondere alle seguenti domande:
1) The coalition currently governing the United Kingdom is made up of the ________________ parties
a) Labour & Liberal b) Green & Conservative c) UKIP & Communist d) Conservative & Liberal
2) David Cameron is leader of the Conservative or ________________ party.
a) Fascist b) Tory c) Republican d) Nationalist
3) The leader of the UK Labour Party is ________________ .
a) Ed Miliband b) Gordon Brown c) Tony Blair d) Nick Clegg
4) The lower chamber of the UK parliament is known as the House of ________________ .
a) Common People b) Commoners c) Commons d) Comics
5) The upper chamber of the UK parliament is known as the House of ________________ .
a) Senators b) Lords c) Rich People d) Ministers
6) Voters mark their preference for a candidate on a ________________ paper.
a) ballot b) voting c) election d) toilet
7) Voting in a general election takes place in a ________________ station.
a) polling b) electing c) fire d) political
8) Each area which elects a representative to Parliament is known as a ________________ .
a) circumscription b) district c) field d) constituency
9) The term used to describe a candidate elected to parliament is ________________ .
a) PM b) MP c) PP d) MM
10) Surveys of voting intentions conducted before an election are called “opinion ________________ “.
a) tests b) polls c) enquiries d) interviews
11) When no political party obtains an overall majority, the result is a ________________ parliament.
a) suspended b) hanging c) hung d) folk
12) The lower house of the UK Parliament consists of ________________ elected members.
a) 500 b) 550 c) 600 d) 650
13) General elections in the UK are always held on a ________________ .
a) Sunday b) Tuesday c) Thursday d) Friday
14) The maximum term for a parliament in the UK is ________________ years.
a) four b) five c) six d) seven
15) The UK Parliament is housed in the Palace of ________________ .
a) Westminster b) London c) Big Ben d) Crystal
Key: 1)d 2)b 3)a 4)c 5)b 6)a 7)a 8)d 9)b 10)b 11)c 12)d 13)c 14)b 15)a